Curbed LA recently compiled its first ever Most Essential Hotels of Los Angeles list and some of the entries might surprise you, like they did me. Hotels were chosen for their uniqueness, style, history, location, opulence and trendiness and trashiness, believe it or not. Remember don’t shoot the messenger, this is not my list by a long shot, but I thought you might be interested in seeing the Top 38.
1. Chateau Marmont – The 1927 Chateau is home to history and glamor now owned by Andre Balazs and has a full selection of accommodations choices from rooms, to bungalows and a two-bedroom penthouse.
2. The Beverly Hills Hotel – Elmer Grey designed this classic pink hotel that first opened its doors in 1912 and was recently awarded Beverly Hills first historic landmark. The Presidential Bungalows are nearly 5,000 square feet, and perched on 12 acres of grounds.
3. The Westin Bonaventure – Designed by John C Portman Jr. this giant glass atrium is allegedly one of the most photographed buildings in the world.
4. The Standard – Downtown La –The former Superior Oil Building was transformed a decade ago and is also owned by Andre Balazs. This trendy hotel offers waterbed cabanas surrounding the rooftop pool.
5. Shutters On The Beach –this classy hotel has a fabulous beachfront location and all 198 rooms have balconies and direct beach access. Some of the rooms are tricked out with fireplaces and/or Jacuzzis.
Well, that’s the Top 5 what do you think so far? I have just listed the other 33 in chosen order for your amusement.
6. Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel
7. Four Seasons Hotel – Los Angeles
8. Langham Huntington Hotel
9. Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
10. Sunset Tower Hotel
11. Hotel Bel Air
12. Hotel Angeleno
13. Mondrian Hotel
14. The Beverly Hilton
15. The Millennium Biltmore Hotel
16. Beverly Wiltshire
17. Hollywood Center Motel
18. SLS Hotel At Beverly Hills
19. L’Ermitage Beverly Hills Hotel
20. King Edward Hotel
21. Best Western Holly Hills Hotel
23. The Orland Hotel
24. Montage Beverly Hills
25. Towne House Motel
26. The Georgian Hotel
27. Magic Castle Hotel
28. The Queen Mary
29. Malibu Beach Inn
30. Casa Del Mar Hotel
31. Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
32. Sunset Marquis
33. The Sportsmen’s Lodge
34. Andaz West Hollywood
35. Viceroy Santa Monica
37. Mr. C Beverly Hills
38 The Charlie
One thing is for sure; you should always be able to find a place to stay in our great city, whether it’s in one of the above hotels, or a favorite that is not listed!
Senior Director, Coldwell Banker New Homes Division
With over 200 condominium, townhome and loft projects successfully marketed
“Fewer properties for sale with such remarkably low interest rates make it a great time to sell but a more difficult time to buy”